Animation for Interactivity and Games Week 2

 This week outside of class, we were tasked with watching the "Secrets of Blackmoor" documentary. Personally, I felt a little disappointed by it because I really wanted to know more about the group's legendary D&D campaign that lasted many years. They mentioned it only a few times in the documentary and I was very interested in the first and longest lasting campaigns. Most of the documentary consisted of how D&D was created by combining popular war games and adding roleplay aspects to them, which is interesting, but I wish they hadn't spent so much time in the logistics of it. I wanted to see how the first players and DMs created their characters and storylines, and how they played the first games of D&D. The documentary included really cool titles for some of the people like "World's First Bard" and I really wanted to know how that came about and the stories behind the creation of bards and other races. Although the war games were fundamental in the creation of D&D, I wish they hadn't spent the full two hours discussing the different versions and logistical aspects of them. Overall, it was nice to see the faces of who created D&D but I wish I could've seen more of the first gameplays of D&D.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's My Party

Animation for Interactivity and Games Week 10

Fragmented Video- Doxies In Space