Videoart- Beauty is Error


***IMAGE FLASH WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO MOVEMENT OR FLASHING LIGHTS***

Here is my first project for my Multimedia Installation class! This class will be very different from what I have done in the past, using new techniques and software. Our assignment was to create a one minute video, including credits, on the topic of "embracing the error." All sound was made using Garageband and mixkit.co. 




Fantastical Facts: Beauty is Error Edition:
  • Beauty is Error is about embracing the error in the way that women think about their bodies. We have pre-conceived notions that out bodies should look a certain way, and we should embrace the way we naturally are more often. 
  • I am not a huge video editor so I am really proud of how I was able to create different effects using Premiere Pro. Messing around with different effects and speeds was a lot of fun and something different from what I usually do! 
  • I am also not used to making sound for pieces so it was also cool to work with different effects and bring the video to life. 
  • The hardest part was cutting everything down to one minute. I felt like I had a lot to say and a lot of good footage, so it was a bit difficult to cut down everything while still making the piece make sense. 
  • Hall of Fame Piece 💫
As always, thank you for supporting this small artist and blog! I hope you enjoy the work as much as I do when I create it! Have a magical day!
-Maddy Wessling

 

Popular posts from this blog

It's My Party

Animation for Interactivity and Games Week 10

Fragmented Video- Doxies In Space