Vector Mandala



***IMAGE FLASH WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO MOVEMENT OR FLASHING LIGHTS***

Here is my Vector Mandala project! Our objective for this assignment was to make shapes and vectors out of code and then create a mandala. We needed to have at least 10 different canvases, each with their own interactive element. I tried something a little bit out of what I usually create and decided to use more black elements to create a space theme. I am really happy with how this piece turned out and I am glad I went a little out of my comfort zone with the colors! 


Fantastical Facts: Vector Mandala Edition:
  • This project is 896 lines total! Still not my biggest project but for sure broke my computer! The hefty code broke my high-powered Macbook Pro at least 3 times! 
  • With the code being so large, I wasn't able to achieve everything I originally wanted. I wanted the center planet to be rotating in color, like my previous project, but it was just too much on the computer, among other things. Having to compromise on the style was an interesting hurdle for this project. 
  • The four crescent moon shapes were actually made by mistake! Somehow the code understood it as placing all 50 shapes in one spot instead of being spread out. I am not sure how I did this, but I really liked how it looked, so I kept it! Sometimes art is made by happy accidents! 
  • Hall of Fame Piece 💫
As always, thank you for supporting this small artist and blog! I hope you enjoy the work as much as I do when I create it! Have a magical day!
-Maddy Wessling

 

Popular posts from this blog

It's My Party

Animation for Interactivity and Games Week 10

Fragmented Video- Doxies In Space