Coco Sprite Sheet

 







***IMAGE FLASH WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO MOVEMENT OR FLASHING LIGHTS***

Here is my Sprite sheet project! This leads up to the next final project, which is making a game in Dreamweaver! But for this project, we needed to take either 8-bits of our own creation, or photos of ourselves and create a sprite sheet out of it using Dreamweaver and Photoshop. I also used two extra programs to create the 8-bits: Piskel and Pixilart, both free online. I am really happy with how this piece turned out! I love how Coco looks and moves! It is not perfect, but for my first time creating and animating 8-bits, I think it turned out well! 


Fantastical Facts: Sprite Sheet Edition:
  • This project is 437 lines in total, which isn't that much compared to other projects. However, the most time consuming part wasn't the code, but the creation of the 8-bits, sprite sheet, and backgrounds. 
  • I chose to make 8-bits rather than use photos of myself because the final game is 8-bit. I wanted to make a character I could reuse for the final project and I already knew what I wanted to do for the final game, so this was perfect! It was more work to create everything (the backgrounds, sprites, and logo) in 8-bit, but it was worth it in the end! 
  • Coco is based off of my real life dachshund! She has such a funny and loving personality, and I knew from the start that I wanted to base my game off of her. 
  • The final frame on the right is based off of the fact that Coco hates rain! We usually have to put a raincoat on her when it rains and if she gets wet, she shakes, so that is why I chose her to wobble in the last frame! 
  • Hall of Fame Piece 💫
As always, thank you for supporting this small artist and blog! I hope you enjoy the work as much as I do when I create it! Have a magical day!
-Maddy Wessling

Popular posts from this blog

It's My Party

Animation for Interactivity and Games Week 10

Fragmented Video- Doxies In Space