Fragmented Video- Doxies In Space





Here is my second project for my Multimedia Installation class! For this project, we needed to create a fragmented video with 6 to 9 squares all with footage that went together. I decided to step out of the box a bit and create a 6 canvas wide painting that when put together, makes one giant painting called, Doxies In Space! I filmed the footage of myself painting it and made the clips into 6 sections to achieve the product.




Fantastical Facts: Doxies In Space Edition:
  • All together, the footage took a little over 2 hours to film and paint! Each clip had to be filmed one at a time, panel by panel. It took about a week of prep work as well, drawing on the canvases and getting all of the supplies set. 
  • After each panel was filmed, I then converted all of the files over to my computer to save space. Because I filmed on my IPhone 8, I didn't have a lot of space to work with storage wise. 
  • Once I had everything filmed, I made the panels using precise math in Premiere Pro. Then I edited each clip into one panel and cut the time down so they would all play and end simultaneously. Finally, I made the music using Garageband and exported the video together. 
  • The hardest part was the filming. The process took a very long time, but I am very happy with the results! I don't get to paint as much as I would like to for my projects so it was a good change of pace. 
  • OMG Hall of Fame Piece 💫
As always, thank you for supporting this small artist and blog! I hope you enjoy the work as much as I do when I create it! Have a magical day!
-Maddy Wessling

Popular posts from this blog

It's My Party

Animation for Interactivity and Games Week 10